Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Good-for-You Coconut Oil Fudge

I'm the kind of girl who thinks she needs a bite of something chocolatey after dinner every night.

Okay -- who am kidding?  After every meal.

Aaaand maybe a few other times throughout the day.


Well, here's a little guilt-free goody I've been keeping on hand to satisfy my sweet tooth.


Good-for-You Coconut Oil Fudge

Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut oil (Read about the health benefits of coconut oil here.)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey, more or less to taste  (Read about the health benefits of local honey here.)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a glass measuring cup.*
3. Add remaining ingredients & whisk till smooth.
4. Dip your pinky & make sure it's sweet enough to your taste; if not, add more honey.
5. Pour into the lined loaf pan, & freeze until hard.
6. Flip the fudge out out of the pan, cut into chunks, & store in a container in the freezer. 
7. Repeat all steps.  (Trust me, this a very important step.  Or you can double or triple the recipe if you've got a sweet tooth like mine & don't want to have to wash your whisk every third day.)


*Since I'm never able to precisely measure out a half cup of coconut oil when it's in its solid state, I just try really hard to get it right, see how much I've got after it's melted, & then use an equal amount of cocoa powder.  Oh, & I have a magnet on my fridge that tells me that 1/2 cup is equal to 8 tablespoons, which is good to know since my 1/2 cup scoop won't fit into my coconut oil jar.

Enjoy!


Recipe adapted from  www.joyfulabode.com

No comments:

Post a Comment